Saturday, November 22, 2008

Money Talk: What Is Your Spending Limit?

Every couple has a different sensitivity to how much money one person can spend before consulting the other. Bryan and I have agreed that we could spend up to $100 without consulting the other person; but honestly, we usually talk to each other before we spend $10! (Groceries excluded)

My old Cabana neighbor, Ruth, shares a story of how her husband bid $250 on an Ebay item without asking her (see the November 21st journal entry).

Her experience makes me wonder: Do other couples set spending limits? What are they?

2 comments:

Nostrebor said...

Hey Ashley,

Yeah, I think around $100 is our offical amount too, but like you guys we usually talk about everything - hence me informing her of my possible $3.00 purchase. :)

Lee

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Hope you are having a great time in Tennessee! Like Lee said, we tell each other basically everything we buy. In a few years when we have more money, we are going to set the limit at $200. But if it's just personal spending money (which neither of us have at the time) we don't have to consult each other no matter what the amount.