Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Love Grandparents!

They don't have to be my grandparents...just about everyone born before 1940 has a very special quality to them.

A couple days after we "moved" in, Randy's mom came by to pick pears. After I introduced her to Katie, we chatted about eating pears and all the delicious recipies they could be used in. Mrs. Prestash mentioned that you could replace pears in apple cake recipies. Lo and behold...the next day Mrs. Prestash brought us a homemade pear cake!

Today, the doorbell rang while I was playing with Katie. An elderly gentleman was standing there, and he asked if he could pick some pears. I showed him where the wasps were and warned him about them. As we talked, his wife got out of their lovely Lincoln. I expected her to ask to hold the baby...because who can resist this cutie!? Instead, she asked me if I babysat. I explained that I was babysitting the Prestash dogs, and Katie was my child. She said, "I know, but do you babysit others?" The lady explained that her neighbor was looking for an occassional sitter, and I suppose she thought I looked honest enough to give my name and number to her neighbor.

No comments: