Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A Collierville Thanksgiving

Bryan, Katie and I traveled to Collierville on Thanksgiving day. We took Hwy 51, and were amazed at all the new commercial buildings. I think we passed 3 new Starbucks! The country is in a recession, right?!? Once we were at Nanna's house, Nanna and Aunt Debbie hooked onto Katie. They looked gorgeous, as usual.

Katie met her 2nd cousin, Elizabeth McCallen (15 months), and "Aunt" Dottie.

The weather was so mild that most of the family gathered outside to feed the ducks in the neighborhood pond. Luke, Grif, and Elizabeth threw bread at the ducks. When the kids ran out of bread, Luke went into Nanna's house to get some wheat thins. Nanna thought he was hungry, so she gave him the cheese ball and tray of wheat thins to take outside. Luckily, we interviened before the ducks were fed the Wisconsin cheese.

Aaron entertained Katie. Thanks, Omi, for the monkey gym!!

Uncle Mark and Aunt Missy also bonded with Katie. Sorry--she can't go back to Knoxville with you!On Black Friday, Aunt Missy woke up early and hit Kohls and numerous other stores. Bryan and I slept in the best we could. After breakfast with the other cousins (Tim, Anna, and Leah also stayed at Nanna's house), we met up with Dad and went to the new mall, Carriage Crossings. I found some nice lamps that would look good on both sides of our Amish bed, but Bryan vetoed the $300 purchase. That's ok; I'm sure Kirklands has some nice lamps.

On Friday evening, Aunt Debbie had everyone over for white chili. When I say "everyone," I mean all the McCallens plus the cousins that come from my Pappaw's brother, Great Uncle Tommy. Here I am with cousins and second-cousins (left to right): Whitney Bainer, me, Leah Bickers, Elizabeth and Stephanie Spurlock, Anna Bickers and (center) Kathleen. Why do I have to be the shortest? I mean, really...Kathleen, Anna, Leah and I share 25% the same genetic code. So why are they 5 inches taller than me??


Uncle Tommy (Pappaw's brother), and Ruthie, his wife.

And finally...EVERYONE (sans Deborah, Jimmy and Sean). Notice who's back, center of the picture. He obviously married into the family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute Thanksgiving pics! We enjoyed seeing y'all. Katy is precious!!
-Dottie