Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A little scare leads to elevators and more orange juice

I love Anne and Patti (my OB and her nurse). In fact, I got to see them yesterday.

Yesterday morning, I did my normal routine of eating breakfast in bed, listening with Bryan to our morning radio, showering, and driving 8 minutes to work.

The stairs did it to me...after climbing 3 flights of stairs (as usual), I got really REALLY hot and had to sit down. I felt dizzy--like I was going to pass out--so I put my head down on my desk. After a few minutes I felt better, but not 100%; I called the OB office, and Patti advised me to come in that day for my bi-monthly appt.

Blood pressure was low: 100/60. And this was after I felt better!
Baby's heartbeat is fine.

Anne contributed the drop in blood pressure due to the weather shift (change in barometric pressure), climbing 3 flights of stairs, and not getting enough sugary-liquid. She thinks we're fine...no need for concern.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Ashley,

You are probably the only Wisconsonite with low blood pressure. I'm surprised your OB doc didn't hook you up to an IV drip of cheese-flavored custard from Kopps!