Sunday, August 28, 2005

Another holy Sunday

Well, this was a relaxing weekend before the first day of school--the eye of a hurricane.

Friday was a lazy night--we cooked a frozen pizza and enjoyed a movie on TBS. Shadow had a blast, not leaving Bryan's side.

Saturday was a productive day. We went to Delafield, near here, to do some shopping. I bought about $30 in school supplies, and Bryan found some great deals at Kohl's department store--he bought a wicking hiking shorts and shirt for a grand total of $8! Cool, huh?

And last night, Bryan and I went out to eat at a New China Buffet. We were both craving Chinese, but I think we had too high expectations, especially after being a frequent customer of A-Tan's in Memphis. After splitting with our $18 for 2 buffets, we soon exited the restaurant and took some tums. Yes, that restaurant is a mistake we'll never make again.

Today we went to Elmbrook Church. Bryan and I begin our membership class in about 2 weeks. It should be insightful. We enjoyed a lunch of leftovers before I began class work. After a while, we went on a lovely walk around our neighborhood where we went "househunting." Shadow chased a bunny (there's a ton of little rodents around here).

Well, I'm off to bed--I have an early morning tomorrow! I must be at the school at 7:15 am sharp!

AB

No comments: