Thursday, May 14, 2009

Props to the Shelby County Sherriff's Office

Since Katie and I are heading down to Memphis in June, I checked out the baby section of the Memphis Craigslist for kicks and giggles.

This ad caught my eye:
http://memphis.craigslist.org/bab/1171465634.html

Baby for Sale $7000
Description: "Hello I am sorry about this ad but I have to sell my little 4-month old to tempoary cover my living expenses I am in a bind right now so I am selling her she is a good baby and if you buy her now I will include my dog Isebella Gresham she is a tibetan spaniel 2yrs old I will sign over all rights with power of attorney or we can work out a payment plan which can be $3,500 DOWN PAYMENT cah only !!! My parents shut down all my credit cards so I have to liuve someway lost my job husband walked out for another dude so I need help or if you would like to you can sponsor little sarah you can come and see her between the hours of 5pm,9pm appointments only e mail me please

I emailed the Sherriff (public-info@shelby-sheriff.org) and within 2 minutes I received an email reply saying that someone would check into the ad. I'm very re-assured that the 9.725 sales tax is helping to keep the community (and a 4-month baby) safe.

No comments: