Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My classes

I'm sure everyone in the blogging world is wondering how my classes are going. Let me take a minute to talk about them.

First, I teach 2 sections of nineth grade English and 4 sections of 11th grade English. Since this ends up being 3 classes a day, my days are a bit easier than my student teaching days.

Currently, my ninth grade classes are doing a short story unit. We are reading "The Most Dangerous Game," which is about a hunter who owns his own island and hunts humans. I'm struggling a bit with things to do in class other than "read and do this worksheet"; I'm struggling becuase the stories are so short that they could be done in class while still achieving the same objective.

Also, one of my nineth grade English class is A LOT slower than another one...half of my students in one class have learning disabilities.

My 11th graders are more fun to be around. Each day I have one 11th grade class that is stellar and one eleventh grade class that makes me want to pull my hair out. But that's OK> currently, we are reading To KIll a Mockingbird. I consider myself lucky that the school year's started with this novel because I taught it last year at Snowden.

Does anyone out there in cyberspace remember reading TO Kill a MOckingbird? Do any fond memories stand out about this book???

I MISS EVERYONE!

--Ashley

No comments: